[lttng-dev] lttng-tools and userspace-rcu

Thibault, Daniel Daniel.Thibault at drdc-rddc.gc.ca
Mon May 6 11:31:46 EDT 2013

   Let's assume I want to do a kernel-only LTTng installation.  After putting lttng-modules in place, I get lttng-tools and, at its configure step, I do:

./configure --disable-lttng-ust

   However, this fails with:

checking whether cds_list_add is declared... no
configure: error: liburcu >= 0.7.2 or newer is needed

   Is this normal?  If so, why is userspace-rcu (liburcu) needed for a kernel-only tracing solution?  (I'm using a fairly recent set of lttng 2.2.0-rc1 git tarballs)

Daniel U. Thibault
Protection des systèmes et contremesures (PSC) | Systems Protection & Countermeasures (SPC)
Cyber sécurité pour les missions essentielles (CME) | Mission Critical Cyber Security (MCCS)
R & D pour la défense Canada - Valcartier (RDDC Valcartier) | Defence R&D Canada - Valcartier (DRDC Valcartier)
2459 route de la Bravoure
Québec QC  G3J 1X5
CANADA
Vox : (418) 844-4000 x4245