[lttng-dev] Error using add-context for perf counters

Bernd Hufmann Bernd.Hufmann at ericsson.com
Tue Mar 19 15:03:06 EDT 2013

Hello

I cannot add contexts for perf counters using lttng-tools v2.1.1 and I
get an error (see below). When using lttng-tools 2.0.5 (on a different
computer) it works. Could somebody from lttng development team look into
that?

Thanks
Bernd

 > lttng create mySession
Session mySession created.
Traces will be written in /home/bernd/lttng-traces/mySession-20130319-145021

 > lttng enable-event -a -k
All kernel events are enabled in channel channel0

 > lttng add-context -k -t perf:branch-misses -t perf:cache-misses
PERROR: add context ioctl: Invalid argument [in
kernel_add_channel_context() at kernel.c:47]
Error: perf:cache-misses: Add kernel context failed
PERROR: add context ioctl: Invalid argument [in
kernel_add_channel_context() at kernel.c:47]
Error: perf:branch-misses: Add kernel context failed
Warning: Some command(s) went wrong

My setup is:
Ubuntu 12.04 with kernel 3.2.0-38
lttng-modules v2.1.1
lttng-tools v2.1.1

--
This Communication is Confidential. We only send and receive email on
the basis of the terms set out at www.ericsson.com/email_disclaimer