[lttng-dev] [RFC-PATCH] Adding trap tracepoints definitions

Francis Deslauriers fdeslaur at gmail.com
Thu Mar 14 20:25:32 EDT 2013

Hi,

I am currently working on adding trap tracepoints in the kernel. As of now,
have an implementation of the tracepoints trap_entry and trap_exit. I have
created a LTTng probe for those events as well.

It would really be appreciated that you, LTTng guys, can give me your
comments
about my work already done. It would also be great if some of you could
test it
during a "not so short" amount of time, so we could perhaps propose the
patches
to add these tracepoints in the mainline kernel after having tested them
properly.

I will first send a patch concerning the implementation of the tracepoints.
This will be followed by a lttng-modules patch adding the LTTng trap probe.
Finally, i will send a patch about the locations of the tracepoints in the
kernel
itself.

Feel free to give general comments and critics in reply of this email, and
specific
comments in reply to the patches they apply to.

Thanks,

Francis Deslauriers