[lttng-dev] Babeltrace v1.0.3

Jérémie Galarneau jeremie.galarneau at efficios.com
Fri Mar 8 13:14:20 EST 2013

Taking this back on the mailing list for public reference.

I was able to reproduce the "babeltrace: symbol lookup error:
babeltrace: undefined symbol: opt_clock_cycles" issue on Ubuntu 12.04
after installing the babeltrace package.

Looking at the package's information page[1], it appears that the it
depends on both libbabeltrace-ctf0 and libbabeltrace0 packages.
Issuing "sudo apt-get purge babeltrace" will not remove them and the
v1.0.0-rc1 libraries left on the system will conflict with the ones
you are installing from the 1.0.3 source package.

Removing these left-over packages (libbabeltrace-ctf0 and
libbabeltrace0) explicitly using "apt-get remove/purge" solved the
problem here. Let me know if it helps.

Regards,
Jérémie

[1]  http://packages.ubuntu.com/precise/babeltrace