[lttng-dev] Question about filtering bytecode

Amit Margalit AMITM at il.ibm.com
Thu Jul 18 03:12:08 EDT 2013

Hi,

I'm considering whether I can write a wrapper for the libbabeltrace ctf
iterator which provides a filtered "next()" method.

I've started reading the code in the hopes of understanding how to do
this, and yet, I'd really appreciate a link to some ordered documentation,
or - any other kind of explanation.

For example, one thing I still don't understand is the exact sequence, and
where the bytecode is actually executed? What is the meaning and purpose
of "linking" the filter to an event.

Thanks,

Amit Margalit
IBM XIV - Storage Reinvented