[lttng-dev] How to disable an event that's been enabled by a wildcard selection or -a?

Ikaheimonen, JP jp_ikaheimonen at mentor.com
Fri Feb 8 04:25:31 EST 2013

Consider the following scenario.
I want to write a script that traces all UST tracepoints of a given application. I have no idea what the names of these tracepoints are. Also, I know that the application uses a library that contains some tracepoints I am not interested about. Now I want to trace all UST tracepoints except the ones I already know about. Is this possible with the lttng commands?

If I enable all tracepoints with "lttng enable-event -u -a" I get all events, even those I do not want. I've tried using "lttng disable-event", and "lttng enable-event" with a filter, but I cannot seem to be able to get rid of the specific events.

Thank you,

JP Ikaheimonen
Mentor Graphics Embedded Systems Division
Nucleus(r) | Linux(r) | Android(tm) | Services | UI | Multi-OS

Android is a trademark of Google Inc. Use of this trademark is subject to Google Permissions.
Linux is the registered trademark of Linus Torvalds in the U.S. and other countries.