[lttng-dev] No trace files are generated for UST

Thibault, Daniel Daniel.Thibault at drdc-rddc.gc.ca
Fri Dec 6 11:58:51 EST 2013

>   Interesting.  I've managed to sort-of-reproduce the problem.  If I run (from a user account which is NOT a tracing group member):
> [...]
>   Then lttng correctly creates the trace folder in /home/username/lttng-traces/a-... when sample is run, but it remains empty.  No ust sub-folder, nothing.
>
>   Something is definitely awry with paths and $HOME values here.

   Scratch that, my mistake.  The traces were created just fine, but the trace folders were owned by root, so they appeared empty (in Nautilus) to username.

Daniel U. Thibault
Protection des systèmes et contremesures (PSC) | Systems Protection & Countermeasures (SPC)
Cyber sécurité pour les missions essentielles (CME) | Mission Critical Cyber Security (MCCS)
R & D pour la défense Canada - Valcartier (RDDC Valcartier) | Defence R&D Canada - Valcartier (DRDC Valcartier)
2459 route de la Bravoure
Québec QC  G3J 1X5
CANADA
Vox : (418) 844-4000 x4245