[lttng-dev] Extracting System Call IDs By Using TMF

Matthew Khouzam matthew.khouzam at ericsson.com
Mon Dec 2 16:10:09 EST 2013

On 13-11-30 08:23 PM, Shariyar wrote:
> Hi Matthew:
>
> In that case I need to create a map myself.
>
> I  was looking for the system call ids for the following reasons:
>
> 1. In LTTng 1.0, there were several occasions when only the system call id
> was found in a trace but not the names. If such is the case with LTTng 2.0,
> then my concern is  that it would be better to extract ids.
>
> 2. Trained models need to be stored in database and ids will take lesser
> sapce as the model grows with time.
Please be careful with this, someone who knows the kernel better than me
can confirm or deny, but I believe different architectures have
different syscall ids. That means sys_recv can be 291 on arm and 102 on
mips.

So am I hearing Neural Network with this? Looking forward to seeing some
results, positive or negative. :)