[lttng-dev] [LTTNG][LTTng-ust] "Out of system" building patches.

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Mon Aug 26 10:24:07 EDT 2013

Dear Jimmy Durand Wesolowski,

On Mon, 26 Aug 2013 09:43:49 +0200, Jimmy Durand Wesolowski wrote:

> Here is a quick test, without any of my modifications. I had to pass both
> CFLAGS and LDFLAGS to "./configure", as said earlier, which can be
> considered
> a normal process:
> CFLAGS="-I<URCU_BUILD_PATH>/include" \
>   CPPFLAGS="-I<URCU_BUILD_PATH>/include" \
>   LDFLAGS="-L<URCU_BUILD_PATH>/lib" \
>   ./configure --prefix=${PWD}/build

As said previously, if you're cross-compiling, doing
--prefix=${PWD}/build is completely wrong. --prefix is the directory
where the software will be located when executed on the target, not the
location where the software will be installed when doing 'make install'.

Please document yourself on the difference between --prefix at
configure time and DESTDIR at install time.

Best regards,

Thomas
--
Thomas Petazzoni, Free Electrons