[lttng-dev] babeltrace : Clock "monotonic" offset differs between traces

Thuya Aung thuyaaung2002 at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 19 10:32:06 EDT 2013

Hello lttng-dev,

First of all, I like to thank LTTng development team for such a wonderful tracing tool for us to use.

I am having the following messages when I viewed the trace file in babeltrace.
[warning] Clock "monotonic" offset differs between traces (delta 52116 ns). Using average.
[warning] Clock "monotonic" offset differs between traces (delta 72396 ns). Using average.

My questions are,
1. Why am I having these warning? Can I reliably analyze traces after having these warning?
2. How can I minimize or eliminate that kind of offset?

The version of LTTng tools we are using are,
lttng-modules : 2.1.1
lttng-tools   : 2.1.1
lttng-ust     : 2.1.2
userspace-rcu : 0.7.6