[lttng-dev] Using LTTng to monitr several thread in one process (under vanilla 3.4.7)

Zvi Vered veredz72 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 16 15:29:53 EDT 2013

Hello,

I’m using vanilla 3.4.7 on an Intel's Ivy-Bridge  PC104.
The application (compiled and built with intel compiler) contains 8 threads.

My goal it to use  “LTTng Project” to display all threads on a graph.
Each thread will have its own “line” and I will be able to see when the CPU
is idle and when a specific thread works.

In my PC104, Intel’s Ivy-Bridge has 4 cores. LTTng has to know on which core
a thread is currently running.

Is it possible to do such things with Lttng ?
I asked this question long time ago and the answer was - no

If yes, should I patch the kernel for this purpose ?

Thanks,
Zvika