[lttng-dev] one sessiond for multiuser system

Jérémie Galarneau jeremie.galarneau at efficios.com
Mon Aug 12 18:47:39 EDT 2013

On Mon, Aug 12, 2013 at 4:23 PM, Thibault, Daniel
<Daniel.Thibault at drdc-rddc.gc.ca> wrote:
> [...]

You're right. There seems to be an unrelated problem on my system. So,
to clarify:

- A root session daemon can only be controlled (e.g. create and modify
sessions) by root and members of the tracing group.
- Applications do not need to run as a member of the tracing group to be traced.

Jérémie

--
Jérémie Galarneau