[lttng-dev] one sessiond for multiuser system

Stanislav Vovk stanislav.vovk at ericsson.com
Fri Aug 9 04:01:07 EDT 2013

Hi,

Have a few questions regarding lttng configuration in a multi user system.

In my system there are two users, root and Bob. I am starting sessiond at boot as root user. And instrumented programs are started as either root or Bob. I am logged in to the system and controlling lttng as root user.

- When executing "lttng list -u" I see events registered by programs started as root. I don't see events from programs started as Bob. Why? Did I forget something?

- Now I switch user to Bob in the shell. Executing "lttng list -u" does not give any output at all, instead a new sessiond is started. How can I have one sessiond for the whole system?

Cheers,
Stanislav