[lttng-dev] Using the additional Eclipse Kernel Trace Plugin Views (Control flow, Resources)

Matthew Khouzam matthew.khouzam at ericsson.com
Tue Apr 30 13:52:54 EDT 2013

Hi Andre,
This question seems familiar, I will paste an answer from earlier.
On 13-04-30 05:21 AM, Andre Bette wrote:
> Hi to everyone,
> in my project I am tracing a embedded system with a non linux OS.
> Output format is CTF. I really like the two extra views in the Eclipse
> Kernel Trace Visualization (Control flow, Resources).
>
> Is there a simple way to use this two views  with an non linux trace ?
> Is there any documentation about the Linux kernel trace format( the
> extra info added into the CTF format) or how the
> data(e.g. prozesses) is processed in the Eclipse Kernel Trace Plugin
> (The idea is to use a "fake" linux trace to use the two extra views )?

I will give a short answer that I am sure Alexandre Montplaisir has expanded on earlier is  YES!
You need to make a state system with a "state system input" that will emulate the directory structure of the kernel state system.

It's not EXTREMELY hard, but I think it will get significantly easier in a couple of months.
Great to hear you like the eclipse viewer, fan mail is always appreciated, especially in duplicate!

Matthew