[lttng-dev] GSoC 2013, "C++ probe support" project and more

Zifei Tong soariez at gmail.com
Wed Apr 24 11:45:59 EDT 2013

Hi Christian,

On Sun, Apr 21, 2013 at 2:44 AM, Christian Babeux
<christian.babeux at efficios.com> wrote:
> The improvement of liblttng-ust-libc has nothing to do with dyninst.
> Maybe you meant the dynamic instrumentation project?

I played with dyninst today. Here is a minimal working example:
https://gist.github.com/5kg/5451894

Dyninst is a really cool project (after struggling to get it work),
and I am more confident that the "Dynamic instrumentation support in
UST" project is doable as a GSoC project. The systemtap project is a
great reference [1].

Expected results might be somthing like this:
http://sourceware.org/systemtap/SystemTap_Beginners_Guide/userspace-probing.html
.

[1] http://sourceware.org/git/gitweb.cgi?p=systemtap.git;a=tree;f=stapdyn;hb=HEAD
[2] http://lists.lttng.org/pipermail/lttng-dev/2013-February/019636.html