[lttng-dev] GSoC 2013, "C++ probe support" project and more

Zifei Tong soariez at gmail.com
Fri Apr 19 01:38:31 EDT 2013

Hello all,

I am interested in participating GSoC 2013 with lttng.

For the "C++ probe support" project, I did some research and find out
that it is easier than I thought.

I managed to make it compile with clang++, here is the commit:
https://github.com/5kg/lttng-ust/commit/0b54098a2cc6443662b287d4b77d2f1b61e4cfb6.

While for g++, since it does not support C's designated initializer
(clang++ does), further work shall be done. All remaining errors are
related to this struct initializer issue
(https://gist.github.com/5kg/5417850), can anyone suggest a clean hack
to workaround this?

Besides the C++ support project, I'd like to work on the 'strace-alike
wrapper'. It takes me a fair amount of time to try the demo of lttng.
A 'strace-alike wrapper' is much more simpler to me. Can this be done
by a simple shell/python wrapper of lttng-tools?

"Improvement of liblttng-ust-libc-wrapper's coverage of libc's
functions" looks interesting to me, however I need some time to be
familiar with Dyninst.

Looking forward to your reply.

PS: My name is Zifei Tong. I am a first-year MS student in CS form
Zhejiang University in China.
--
Best Regards,
仝子飞 (Zifei Tong)