[lttng-dev] Help needed in getting first ust event running (was Re: lttng-dev Digest, Vol 60, Issue 31)

Thibault, Daniel Daniel.Thibault at drdc-rddc.gc.ca
Thu Apr 18 16:27:38 EDT 2013

> The kernel modules are indeed not needed for userspace tracing.
>
> I'm guessing you installed from source since the lttng libs don't seem
> present in your path. Could tell us on which revision this is
> happening?
>
> Also, perhaps you could try Mathieu's recently commited fix? It may be related.[1]
> [1] http://lists.lttng.org/pipermail/lttng-dev/2013-April/020064.html

   Yup, it was the same problem.  I've just rebuilt using the latest userspace-ust and lttng-ust, and the user-space-only trace was generated without a hitch on a system without lttng-modules.  I've checked both the static and dynamic easy-ust samples.

Daniel U. Thibault
R & D pour la défense Canada - Valcartier (RDDC Valcartier) / Defence R&D Canada - Valcartier (DRDC Valcartier)
Cyber sécurité pour les missions essentielles (CME) / Mission Critical Cyber Security (MCCS)
Protection des systèmes et contremesures (PSC) / Systems Protection & Countermeasures (SPC)
2459 route de la Bravoure
Québec, QC  G3J 1X5
CANADA
Vox : (418) 844-4000 x4245
Fax : (418) 844-4538
NAC : 918V QSDJ <http://www.travelgis.com/map.asp?addr=918V%20QSDJ>
Gouvernement du Canada / Government of Canada
<http://www.valcartier.drdc-rddc.gc.ca/>