[lttng-dev] Java code for CTF trace writing?

Aaron Spear aspear at vmware.com
Mon Apr 15 17:14:07 EDT 2013

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone knew of some open source Java library that could WRITE CTF traces? I am using the linuxtools/TMF plugins to read CTF traces, but now need to write them from Java as well.

I have a use case where I have an "event bus" in the Java app world and I would like to persist this event stream as a CTF trace. In this particular use case, the speed/low intrusiveness of LTTng UST is not as important as the portability, so a pure Java solution is ideal, though not strictly required.

Also, please let me know if there are others out there who are interested in collaborating in writing such a library.

regards,
Aaron Spear