[lttng-dev] [Babeltrace ] New option for specifiying time stamp offsets in nanoseconds

Ikaheimonen, JP jp_ikaheimonen at mentor.com
Fri Apr 12 01:50:07 EDT 2013

Hi,

in our work we are synchronizing traces from several sources.
For that purpose, we found that we need to set a nanosecond-resolution offset to make the traces compatible.

Babeltrace has an option --clock-offset that can add a value for each timestamp.
However, that option only accepts full seconds.

We've added a new option --clock-offset-ns which allows the user to give a new offset, this time in nanoseconds.
A patch with the implementation will follow.

Thank you,

JP Ikaheimonen | SW Development Engineer
http://go.mentor.com/sourceryanalyzer

Mentor Embedded(tm) | Nucleus(r) | Linux(r) | Android(tm) | Services | UI | Multi-OS

Android is a trademark of Google Inc. Use of this trademark is subject to Google Permissions.
Linux is the registered trademark of Linus Torvalds in the U.S. and other countries.