[lttng-dev] Flight-recorder mode

Oestman, Fredrik Fredrik_Oestman at mentor.com
Fri Oct 19 04:07:41 EDT 2012

Hi,

We use LTTng 2.0 with a limited file system on the target to receive the trace logs:

  Extract of fstab file:
  tmpfs        /dev/shm    tmpfs  size=64M,mode=777,noauto            0   0

When tmpfs is full, trace logs are corrupted. Since it is very difficult to control the tracing to avoid this, we would need a real flight-recorder mode where the files on the disk have a pre-defined (maximum) size and where either discard or overwrite mode can be applied.

Is there such a thing or some other solution to the problem?

Cheers,

Fredrik Östman

http://go.mentor.com/sourceryanalyzer/