[lttng-dev] [RFC] Feedback on 2 development branches: wfstack and lfstack

Mathieu Desnoyers mathieu.desnoyers at efficios.com
Sat Oct 13 14:12:31 EDT 2012

Hi!

I started modifying the stack APIs to reflect the changes we did for
wfcqueue, and also add pop_all() and iterators.

The volatile dev branches are available at:

http://git.dorsal.polymtl.ca/~compudj?p=userspace-rcu;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/urcu/lfstack
or
git://git.dorsal.polymtl.ca/~compudj/userspace-rcu
branch: urcu/lfstack

http://git.dorsal.polymtl.ca/~compudj?p=userspace-rcu;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/urcu/wfstack
or
git://git.dorsal.polymtl.ca/~compudj/userspace-rcu
branch: urcu/wfstack

Sorry for not sending patches, I'm a bit time-constrained this weekend.
I am sending these links right away for review, because I think it might
be good to pull these commits into the master branch before we proceed
to other changes. And I want to minimize the amount of duplicated effort
between Lai and myself.

One of my next step will be to document the wfstack and lfstack APIs
more thoroughly (similarly to what we did for wfcqueue).

Then, my following step will be to see if I can implement a lfcqueue
API, derived from wfcqueue, but with lock-free enqueue semantic (a mix
of wfcqueue and rculfqueue).

Feedback is welcome!