[lttng-dev] [RELEASE] LTTng-tools 2.1.0-rc7

David Goulet dgoulet at efficios.com
Tue Nov 13 14:00:30 EST 2012

Greetings everyone (including LTTng elves),

The lttng-tools project provides a session daemon (lttng-sessiond)
that acts as a tracing registry, the "lttng" command line for tracing
control, a lttng-ctl library for tracing control and a lttng-relayd
for network streaming.

Please note that this is the release candidate 7 and we are currently
fixing the last bugs and updating the documentation for the stable
version. I think we might have two or three other RCs before the
official stable in a few days!

Here is the Changelog. This is mostly fixes from the bug tracker and
other encountered issues during that time.

2012-11-13 lttng-tools 2.1.0-rc7
    * Fix: Add pointer check when freeing poll events
    * Fix: FD leak on thread error
    * Fix: Wrong fd used by kernel_wait_quiescent
    * Support new lttng-ust error code
    * Fix: Don't set filter if enable event fails
    * Fix: Wrong data port when listing session
    * Fix: Enable event after start command
    * Fix: Teardown of thread_manage_clients on failure of
listen/create_poll
    * Add a timeout to UST application socket
    * Fix: Consumerd error socket connect race
    * Fix: Set CLOEXEC flag on every created sockets
    * Remove consumer poll timeout in data thread
    * Fix: RCU hash table seed
    * Fix: Do not install health tests helper libraries
    * Fix: Create default channel on add-context if none
    * Support new liblttng-ust-ctl error code
    * Fix: Add EPIPE error handling on buffer splice
    * Fix: Channel creation error return code was not set
    * Fix: Wrong poll events on UST application socket
    * Fix: Remove dependency to urcu-cds in tools tests
    * Fix: Missing librt dependency in configure check for lttng-ust-ctl
    * Fix: Don't append datetime to default session name
    * Fix: Deny session creation name 'auto'
    * Fix: Add space for stream name CPU number
    * Fix: Add output option to enable-channel command

Please feel free to email the list about any questions/comments
concerning this release.

Using it is testing it! :)

Project website: http://lttng.org/lttng2.0
Download link:
http://lttng.org/files/lttng-tools/lttng-tools-2.1.0-rc7.tar.bz2 (for
the PGP signature, same file with .asc appended)

Cheers!
David