[lttng-dev] Offering to help

Mathieu Desnoyers mathieu.desnoyers at efficios.com
Wed Nov 7 12:33:55 EST 2012

Hi David!

Glad to see you are interested in helping us :) I see you are on oftc
#lttng, which is indeed the right first step.

We have plently of things to work on in this project in all your areas
of expertise. One that come up to my mind, and have been bugging me for
a while, is that we lack a sort of "quickstart guide" for lttng 2.x. A
new user has only manpages (and --help) to refer to, but there is no
comprehensive document that get people up and running quickly. Is this
something you would be interested to contribute ? Proposing it on
lttng-dev should help you get feedback.

Other than that, a second step would be to look at the bug tracker:
bugs.lttng.org , especially the "feature requests" and some low priority
bugs that are sitting there. If anything catch your interest, it could
be a nice way to dig into the project.

Thanks!

Mathieu