[lttng-dev] Using LTTng on Linux Kernel 2.6.33.7-rt29

Sylvain Sauvage Sylvain.Sauvage at sepura.com
Thu May 10 11:25:26 EDT 2012

Hi everyone,

We are using a Linux 2.6.33.7 with RT patches  version rt29.

It is my understanding that the latest versions of LTTng 2.0 do no
longer support kernels before 2.6.38.

As it is not an option for us to move up to a more recent Kernel, we
would like to use the most recent LTTng that is compatible.

Could anyone advise the best starting LTTng version that would be
compatible with that Kernel?

The processor we use is an ARM OMAP-L138 (based on the ARMv5 core). Are
there any patches to use (or port) provide the trace clock
functionality?

>From the compatibility list here:
http://git.lttng.org/?p=lttv.git;a=blob_plain;f=doc/developer/lttng-lttv
-compatibility.html;hb=HEAD,

it seems that we could start from 0.216 or 0.217.

Please let me know what version you would recommend and suggest extra
patches (related to rt29 or to OMAPL138).

Thanks in advance.

Kind Regards,

Sylvain

Sylvain Sauvage

Software DA

Sepura plc

Radio House, St Andrew's Road

Cambridge, CB4 1GR, UK

T: +44 (0) 1223 877263

F: +44 (0) 1223 879000

www.sepura.com <http://www.sepura.com/>

The information in this email is confidential. It is intended
solely for the addressee. Access to this email by anyone else
is unauthorised. If you are not the intended recipient, any
disclosure, copying, or distribution is prohibited and may be
unlawful. If you have received this email in error please delete
it immediately and contact commercial at sepura.com.

Sepura plc. Registered Office: Radio House, St Andrew’s Road, Cambridge, CB4 1GR, England. Registered in England and Wales. Registration Number 4353801