[lttng-dev] tracing program flow

Chuck Tuffli ctuffli at gmail.com
Sun May 6 01:17:02 EDT 2012

Hi -

I'm investigating the feasibility of replacing some home grown tracing
code with LTTng and am looking for advice from others who have used
LTTng to trace program flow (i.e. trace function entry and exit
points). One of the strengths of LTTng seems to be the ability to
selectively enable tracepoints of interest (much more useful than our
all-or-nothing tracing). To get this type of capability, would I need
to implement an entry and exit tracepoint for each function or is
there a better approach? Any other best practices people would be
willing to share? TIA.

---chuck