[lttng-dev] babeltrace line length

Mathieu Desnoyers mathieu.desnoyers at efficios.com
Sun Mar 25 19:52:59 EDT 2012

* Chuck Tuffli (ctuffli at gmail.com) wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 25, 2012 at 12:01 PM, Yannick Brosseau
> <yannick.brosseau at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > There is no pre-defined split.
> >
> > The new line you are seeing after the Hello World is part of string
> > passed to the tracepoint in the example.
>
> Yannick -
>
> Thanks for the quick response. I'm going to go quietly die of embarrassment :)

No need to. I'm removing the \n from the easy-ust example, since it is
not the intended usage. This change will appear in lttng-ust 2.0.1
eventually.

To make things clear: \n is supported in strings, but they do not
generate a pretty pretty-printer output. So we should as well provide an
example that does not encourage people to add those \n.