[lttng-dev] Module lttng_tracer not found.

Rui Han r.han at umiami.edu
Sun Jul 29 16:26:12 EDT 2012

Hi,

I used lttng last week and didn't touch it ever since. I am trying to use
it again. I use lttng list -k, it give me error messages:

FATAL: Module lttng_tracer not found.
Error: Unable to load module lttng-tracer
Error: Unable to remove module lttng-tracer
Warning: No kernel tracer available
Error: Unable to list kernel events

I run kernel tracing as root. At first, I thought I have to start the
daemon by lttng-sessiond command. It gave me the error: "Error: Already
running daemon." At this time, I can create session, it gave "Session
session created. Traces will be written in
/root/lttng-traces/session-20120729-160806". However, it failed to generate
a single term of tracing. While I tried lsmod, there are no lttng related
module in the list. Which I remember there were several. The same thing
happened to my two ubuntu systems. I restarted the system, it still doesn't
work. Does any one know how to make lttng work again in this situation?

Thank you very much.

Best regards,
Rui