[lttng-dev] LTTng

Mathieu Desnoyers mathieu.desnoyers at efficios.com
Fri Jul 20 13:02:33 EDT 2012

One small detail to keep in mind at this point: only the "discard" and
"overwrite" modes are implemented for handling buffer condition. If you
need to ensure that events are _never_ discarded, even with
high-throughput scenarios, we might need to implement a "blocking" mode,
which makes the application wait until there is space free in the buffer
before it continues. It would probably make more sense for logging.

Other than this detail, LTTng-UST would be a good fit for low-overhead
logging.