[lttng-dev] LTTng

David Goulet dgoulet at efficios.com
Fri Jul 20 10:56:14 EDT 2012

Hi Luay,

I am not aware of any Log4c --> LTTng transition work done up to this
day...

One thing I can say is that user space tracing using LTTng will
certainly improve speed and scalability performance.

The event LOGLEVEL feature is pretty interesting for that where you
can only enable a certain loglevel facility for a trace (exactly like
the syslog facilities). You can refer to the lttng-ust(3) man page for
more information.

Moreover, you can also couple kernel traces to your user space traces
which can give you way more information :).

I guess that if now one replies to this thread describing their
experience with log4c vs lttng, you guys will be the first to try a
transition and we will be more than happy to help you with any bugs or
difficulties you'll encounter :)

Moreover, if you are able to come up with some sort of scripts/recipe
for that, it will be the kind of documentation or tool that could
benefit big time the community! :)

Feel free to ask on the mailing list any concerns/questions/comments
you have.

Cheers!
David

Alawneh, Luay: