[lttng-dev] notrace missing in lttng-ust

Woegerer, Paul Paul_Woegerer at mentor.com
Wed Jul 18 06:33:08 EDT 2012

On 07/17/2012 04:13 PM, Mathieu Desnoyers wrote:

> I think we want to make the notrace always active. I don't see the point
> in letting UST lib be compiled with those tracing stubs in place.

OK, I'll remove that ...

> We should create a include/lttng/ust-compiler.h with:
>
> #define lttng_ust_notrace __attribute__((no_instrument_function))
>
> so we don't duplicate the define.

... and use include/lttng/ust-compiler.h instead.

> Can't we simply specify the attribute on the function definition, rather
> than having to duplicate its prototype ?

No. I tried that before but unfortunately it didn't work. It only works
consistently if the attribute is on the function declaration. If you try
to put it on the definition it will result in compiler errors either
when tracepoint providers are compiled or when tracepoint provider
header files are used.

The updated patch is in the attachment.

Thanks,
Paul

--
Paul Woegerer | SW Development Engineer
Mentor Embedded(tm) | Prinz Eugen Straße 72/2/4, Vienna, 1040 Austria

Android is a trademark of Google Inc. Use of this trademark is subject to Google Permissions.
Linux is the registered trademark of Linus Torvalds in the U.S. and other countries.