[lttng-dev] some questions on lttng

Bingfeng.Zhao at emc.com Bingfeng.Zhao at emc.com
Wed Jul 18 05:53:34 EDT 2012

Hello the dev list,
We encounter some basic questions when try to adapt the LTTNG in our poject.

1.   When the trace is enabled and all are well configurated, we get trace messages collected under the session folder. The question is whether it is possible that some traces will lost when the trace messages are huge. How will LTTNG do if the consumer deamon cannot fast enough to copy the trace message from trace buffer?

2.   For user space trace, currectly seems we cannot set the flush interval. How can we control the flush internal for UST? If no, is there hardcoded or random flash interval? Or there is no time based flush mechanism at all for UST?

3.   For a severe kernel panic can we extrace buffered trace messages from LTTNG internal buffer in full memory core dump file? Is there tools on this we can leverage?

Thank you,
- Bingfeng