[lttng-dev] Odd behaviour of lttng 2.0 kernel event listing

Thibault, Daniel Daniel.Thibault at drdc-rddc.gc.ca
Fri Jan 20 15:50:31 EST 2012

> Can you please try this commit :
> commit 6725fe1993a3c70c5fddecf5a458f03b08852edd
> Date:   Fri Jan 20 15:07:15 2012 -0500
> Fix off-by-one and double list size instead of steady increment

   No problem.  In both senses of the expression: bootstrap, config, make, install went without a problem.

   No luck: '$ sudo lttng list -k' *still* anonymises after 'kvm_msi_set_irq (type: tracepoint)'.

   For chuckles, I ran 'sudo lttng -v list -k'.  This only adds two debug lines at the beginning:

> Spawning a session daemon
> DEBUG1: SIGCHLD catched [in sighandler() at lttng.c:179]
> DEBUG1: Getting kernel tracing events [in list_kernel_events() at commands/list.c:277]
> [rest as before]

   By the way, that "catched" should be "caught".

   Any code you'd like me to inject in liblttng-ctl or wherever?

Daniel U. Thibault
R & D pour la défense Canada - Valcartier (RDDC Valcartier) / Defence R&D Canada - Valcartier (DRDC Valcartier)
Système de systèmes (SdS) / System of Systems (SoS)
Solutions informatiques et expérimentations (SIE) / Computing Solutions and Experimentations (CSE)
2459 Boul. Pie XI Nord
Québec, QC  G3J 1X5
CANADA
Vox : (418) 844-4000 x4245
Fax : (418) 844-4538
NAC: 918V QSDJ
Gouvernement du Canada / Government of Canada
<http://www.valcartier.drdc-rddc.gc.ca/>