[lttng-dev] lttng2.0, Babeltrace

Stanislav Vovk stanislav.vovk at ericsson.com
Wed Feb 29 04:02:35 EST 2012

Hi

I have just started using and looking at LTTng2.0. It looks very user friendly and easy to get started. Have a couple of questions thow.

A question regarding Babeltrace, I have created a session and a channel in flight recorder mode and started lttng. My application with instrumented tracepoints is running and traces are successfully recorded. When I stop my application I can read my traces with babeltrace successfully. My concern is if I dont stop my application I cant read traces with babeltrace, getting some CTF errors back. Can I somehow read traces while my application is running? Is there something I have missed, some option in babeltrace may be!

Regarding tracepoint loglevels, are all of them which are defined in tracepoint.h implemented? Since I've tried to use some of them and gcc complained it was not defined e.g. TRACE_DEBUG_FUNCTION. My git repo is a couple of days old.

Thanks
BR
/Stanislav

STANISLAV VOVK