[lttng-dev] lttclt hungs on destroying traces on 2.6.33.2+rt13 (PREEMPT_RT)

Piotr Romaniuk piotr.romaniuk at elesoftrom.com.pl
Mon Feb 20 05:48:04 EST 2012

Hi,

I have a problem with getting traces on kernel 2.6.33.2 with PREEMPT_RT
patch.
I can run ltt-armall and create traces by lttctl but when I destroy
traces  lttclt hungs.
Is there any fundamental obstacle in RT-kernel for LTT?

I use following versions:
1) kernel 2.6.33.2
2) patch-2.6.33.2-rt13 from
http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/projects/rt/2.6.33/older/
3) LTTng: patch-2.6.33.2-lttng-0.212
4) LTT control: 0.89-05122011

I tuned slightly LTTng patches in order to apply them on rt kernel.
The changes were rather easy and were limited to adaptation of
surrounding context
that had been changed by RT-patch.
I built the kernel (all LTT modules I built in the kernel) successfully.

The problem appears when I try to destroy traces. Lttctl hungs and no
data are copied to files.

Do you have any suggestions?

Regards,
Piotr Romaniuk