[lttng-dev] LTTng in Ubuntu 11.10

Alexandre Montplaisir alexandre.montplaisir at polymtl.ca
Thu Feb 16 10:16:49 EST 2012

On 12-02-15 04:04 PM, Anbarasan wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am Anbarasan.
>
> I tried to install LTTng in Ubuntu 11.10 using the command sudo
> apt-get install lttng but it did not work. The messages were:
> Reading package lists... Done
> Building dependency tree
> Reading state information... Done
> E: Unable to locate package lttng
>
> I did add PPA to my system.
>
> Is LTTng compatible with Ubuntu 11.10? How do I install LTTng in my
> system?
>
> Regards
> Anbarasan

Hi,

11.10 was kind of in limbo between the old (now unsupported) LTTng 0.x
and the new LTTng 2.0 that's about to be released.

(Btw, note to anyone, you can track the status of the 2.0 release at
https://bugs.lttng.org/projects/lttng/roadmap )

So "stable" packages were not offered for 11.10. For now you can use the
2.0 daily builds PPA:
https://launchpad.net/~lttng/+archive/daily

The Stable PPA will be used for 2.0 once the final release is out. We're
also in the process of getting pulled into the 12.04 LTS, so a PPA won't
be needed for 12.04.

Cheers,

--
Alexandre Montplaisir