[lttng-dev] Feature request rfc

Matthew Khouzam matthew.khouzam at ericsson.com
Fri Feb 10 13:52:24 EST 2012

Hello tracing wizards, warriors and bards,

I was mulling the idea around a bit and wanted to know what you would
think of the following command for LTTng-tools

lttng trace %execname %args
this would create a default session, enable all kernel and ust
tracepoints and run the program passing the args to that program, when
execution finishes, it stops the session and destroys it. the result
would be a returned string with the trace locations.

I think this would be a great step up from strace.

What do you all think?

Matthew