[lttng-dev] BabelTrace API

Salman Rafiq salman.rafiq at esk.fraunhofer.de
Thu Feb 9 04:46:48 EST 2012

Dear Mathieu,

It's me again :). I wanted to know if it is possible to use BabelTrace
library/API to read CTF trace from an external application?
What I wanted to achieve in my application is, to read CTF kernel trace
generated via LTTng 2.0 and select particular events (say number of times
the application switched_in or out) along with their timestamps and reuse
this information.

But the problem is after the installation of babeltrace, the header files in
/usr/local/include/babeltrace are limited to only 5 files namely:

babeltrace.h  context.h  format.h  iterator.h  trace-handle.h
Also format.h further includes <babeltrace/types.h> which ofcourse could not
be found in include dir path.

Is there any example or doxygen for Babeltrace API that can be used to
manipulate trace data?

Last but not least, the time stamp resolution for LTTng trace is
approximately 1ns, which is achieved through timespec struct with
"CLOCK_MONOTONIC" option? I got little confused as I also see in some of
your mailing lists where CLOCK_TRACE is defined, how does this differs from
monotonic clock?

Anxiously waiting for your reply.

Best Regards,
Salman

--
Salman Rafiq
Industrial Communication

Hansastraße 32 | 80686 München
Telefon, Fax:  +49 89 547088-356 | +49 89 547088-66-356
E-Mail:   salman.rafiq at esk.fraunhofer.de

Internet:
http://www.esk.fraunhofer.de
http://www.facebook.com/FraunhoferESK