[lttng-dev] LTTng on Android

Santhosh Samarthyam srsamarthyam at gmail.com
Thu Aug 16 08:37:07 EDT 2012

Dear All,

I have been closely following the status of LTTng on Android based on
the discussions in this mailing list.
I would be great if someone could validate the following

- No need for LTTng kernel patch if kernel version > 2.6.38
- No dependency on glibc after version 2.0 of lttng.

So can I build LTTng on Android (Version details below)

Android version: Icecream sandwich (4.0.1)
Kernel version: 3.0.1

Can we build the following on an ARM based board running android?
(After creating the android make files)
LTTng-tools 2.0.4
LTTng-modules 2.0.4
LTTng-UST 2.0.4
liburcu 0.7.3

I am more interested in getting the LTTng-UST to work.
Any pointers on how to achieve this would be really helpful.

--
Cheers,
Santos