[lttng-dev] problems while printing the array

Mathieu Desnoyers mathieu.desnoyers at efficios.com
Thu Apr 26 17:21:11 EDT 2012

* Vijay Kare (vijay.kare at gmail.com) wrote:
> Dear All,
> I am trying to print the array format using trace_mark function.
> I have an requirement to print an integer array of 16 elements in one of
> the kernel function.
> I tried below but didnt get array printed in ltt dump.
>
> trace_mark(xxxx, xxxx_send,"#a %p #lu %lu #lu %lu",pointer,
> sizeof(int),PRINTSIZE);
>
> Any help, I am not sure if array format is supported in LTT currently ?

Array format support in markers has never been implemented in LTTng 0.x,
even though LTTV was ready to parse it.

The new LTTng 2.0 can produce and read those arrays. See the lttng
website to get the new versions. It does not rely on markers anymore
though, you'll need to move to TRACE_EVENT for kernel tracing, and
TRACEPOINT_EVENT for user-space tracing.