[lttng-dev] Writing a babeltrace output plugin

Oestman, Fredrik Fredrik_Oestman at mentor.com
Tue Apr 3 07:35:21 EDT 2012

Hello,

I've fairly easily manged to add a new text-based output format to babeltrace by cloning the existing ctf-text code and making changes to it. Thanks to the registration mechanism it was also easy to get the program to recognize the new format on the command line.

Now, the problem I have with my new text format is that it completely lacks metadata.

What would be the intended way to provide an output format with metadata, or from where should I preferably collect metadata when writing a trace log in a new format?

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Cheers,

Fredrik Östman