[ltt-dev] Support for MIPS architecture in UST

Fahad fahad_usman at mentor.com
Thu Sep 22 07:12:51 EDT 2011

Hi everyone,

We use LTTng as a standard tracing mechanism in Mentor Embedded Linux
(MEL). We recently had to port MEL for a MIPS target, and found out that
currently there is no support for MIPS in UST and it won't compile if
the target architecture is MIPS. We went through the mailing list
archives and had some discussion on the LTTng IRC channel and found out
that there has been some effort for adding MIPS support in UST but those
changes were not merged for some reason.

Can anyone tell us when MIPS support in UST will be complete and let us
know if we can help in testing or anything. We have a couple MIPS Malta
boards available for testing.

Thanks and regards,
--

*Fahad Usman* | Sr Software Development Engineer
Mentor Embedded <http://www.mentor.com/embedded>^(TM) |1-2-3 OSN Center