[lttng-dev] LTTng driver submission for inclusion in staging

Greg KH greg at kroah.com
Sat Nov 26 10:14:47 EST 2011

On Sat, Nov 26, 2011 at 02:19:23AM +0100, Mathieu Desnoyers wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I hereby propose the LTTng kernel tracer for inclusion into the staging
> area of the Linux kernel. For those eager to try it out, and to get
> information about the features of this tracer, you should grab the
> control/consumer/viewer tools at: http://lttng.org/lttng2.0

Yeah, thanks for sending this!

> Diffstat:
>
>  MAINTAINERS                                                                                          |    7
>  drivers/staging/Kconfig                                                                              |    2
>  drivers/staging/Makefile                                                                             |    1
>  drivers/staging/lttng/ChangeLog                                                                      |   75
>  drivers/staging/lttng/Kconfig                                                                        |   35
>  drivers/staging/lttng/LICENSE                                                                        |   27
>  drivers/staging/lttng/Makefile                                                                       |   33
>  drivers/staging/lttng/README                                                                         |   46
>  drivers/staging/lttng/gpl-2.0.txt                                                                    |  339 +

A few minor comments only by reading this diffstat.

Can I get a TODO file added to this directory that lists what you feel
needs to be done to the code to get it to a "mergable" state?  Or if you
think it is ready now, that's great, you can say so in that file :)

You can use the format used by other TODO files in the staging directory
if you like, that seems to work for most projects.

Oh, and we don't need the gpl copy in the directory, the kernel already
has one, if you don't mind, I'll delete that :)

>  drivers/staging/lttng/lgpl-2.1.txt                                                                   |  504 ++

Same with this, we don't need that either.

thanks,

greg k-h