[ltt-dev] Babeltrace library with Qemu ?

Mathieu Desnoyers compudj at krystal.dyndns.org
Tue Nov 15 22:10:57 EST 2011

Hi,

* Harsh Bora (harsh at linux.vnet.ibm.com) wrote:
> Hi,
> I was looking at the possibility of using Babeltrace with Qemu for
> recording the tracelog in ctf format, however could not find a way to do
> it. Are there any applications using babeltrace library for the same
> purpose already ?

What you are looking for is very much the lttng-ust tracer. It outputs
CTF traces from an instrumented userspace program (and allows to
instrument the said program). The info about this tracer is available at
http://lttng.org/lttng2.0. There are no packages currently for
lttng-ust, but the git tree can be used:

git://git.lttng.org/lttng-ust.git

in combination with lttng-tools and liburcu.

Best regards,

Mathieu