[ltt-dev] Problem with TMF

btirefort at free.fr btirefort at free.fr
Wed May 11 03:24:05 EDT 2011

Hello everybody,

I am rookie with lttng and I want to test it.
The simply way for me seems to be to test it with ubuntu and the ppa/lttng.

So I have Ubuntu Lucid Lynx. I am using the repository http://ppa.launchpad.net/lttng/ppa/ubuntu lucid main

I have installed  the kernel with lttng, ltt-bin, liblttvtraceread-2.5 and liblttvtraceread-2.5-jni

I have installed eclipse 3.6.2 and the TMF

When I try to import a Trace in my experiment I have this message :

"Error while opening the trace ! Error message :
Version check failed for the path : /tmp/trace1

Returned error was :
org.eclipse.linuxtools.lttng.lttngException : org.eclipse.linuxtools.lttng.jni.exception.jni.exception.jniTraceVersionException :
ERROR : Could not get trace version. is the library missing ?
Make sure your "LD_LIBRARY_PATH" is setted correctly (readVersionNumber"

???

Can you help me ?

Thanks.

Benoit TIREFORT