[ltt-dev] Trying to compile lttng-tools

Bernd Hufmann Bernd.Hufmann at ericsson.com
Fri May 6 09:04:57 EDT 2011

Hello Daniel

I've recently contributed a LTTng Trace Control solution to the Eclipse
LTTng Integration which is part of the Eclipse linuxtools project (See
also bugzilla bug 343438). This LTTng Trace Control solution in Eclipse
is based on TCF and connects to the lttng-agent. I used the last working
lttng-agent from last February to verify the design. Once we receive a
new version of the lttng-agent, the LTTng Trace Control in Eclipse will
be updated.

The contribution was made to the linuxtools GIT repository and it's
available on HEAD of the master branch. The User Guide for LTTng
Integration in Eclipse has been also updated to reflect the LTTng Trace
Control. Here is the link:
http://wiki.eclipse.org/Linux_Tools_Project/LTTng/User_Guide.

To install this solution in Eclipse you require an Indigo Eclipse
installation (version 3.7) and the TCF plug-ins from CDT for the indigo
release . You can use the update site
http://download.eclipse.org/tools/cdt/updates/indigo to get TCF. For
some unknown reason, the nightly builds of linuxtools for the Indigo
release haven't been updated recently. For now, you will need to
checkout the source code (from HEAD) of the LTTng Integration in Eclipse
to get the LTTng Trace Control.

Best Regards
Bernd