[ltt-dev] lockdep trace

Harald Gustafsson hgu1972 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 16 10:09:28 EDT 2011

> Sounds good. Which version of lttng are you using ?
I have tried this both on my x86 machine using the ubuntu ppa package
which uses kernel 2.6.35-24 and to me unknown lttng version. But I
also tried this on a ARM development board with kernel 2.6.34 and
lttng version 0.221 without success.

> In your kernel config, under the "Kernel Hacking" menu, did you enable
> the options related to lock dependency debug, and lock proving and so
> on ? You should ensure that CONFIG_LOCKDEP is selected in your kernel
> config file.

In the ubuntu-ppa lttng package only LOCKDEP_SUPPORT is enabled, not
LOCKDEP and not LOCKDEP_DEBUG, neither DEBUG_LOCK_ALLOC,
PROVE_LOCKING, LOCK_STAT or any of the
INLINE_{READ|WRITE|SPIN}_LOCK_*. The same configuration have been used
on the ARM board.

Hence, I should enable LOCKDEP, LOCKDEP_DEBUG, DEBUG_LOCK_ALLOC and
PROVE_LOCKING.

Thanks,
 Harald