[ltt-dev] lockdep trace

Harald Gustafsson hgu1972 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 16 09:33:09 EDT 2011

Hi,

I'm trying to trace all lock operations in the kernel for a project
which involves deciding dependencies between tasks. I'm using lttng
for the tracing and was expecting to see a huge amount of trace
events, but I see none. So obviously I have configured something
wrong.

The question is what kernel configs are needed to trace lockdep lock
operations? And do I need any configurations when starting the
tracing? I use ltt-armall with the -l option, I have the module
lockdep_trace inserted (any module parameters?). I have installed
lttng using the ubuntu packages available in ppa. I have verified that
all the markers under lockdep in debugfs are enabled, i.e. return 1.
Other markers produce traces.

Regards,
 Harald Gustafsson