[ltt-dev] lttctl stop command hangs on ARM926 processor

Mathieu Desnoyers compudj at krystal.dyndns.org
Thu Jun 23 10:58:52 EDT 2011

* Francis Leblanc (fleblanclists at gmail.com) wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I am trying to get LTTng kernel tracer work on an ARM target.
> I can start the kernel tracing with lttctl -C -w /tmp/trace1 trace1,
> but when I stop it with lttctl -D trace1, it hangs.
> (see console.log and .config attachments)
>
> Setup information :
> kernel 2.6.30
> LTTng 0.159 (patch-2.6.30-lttng-0.159)
> ltt-control-0.75-15112009

If you look at the compatibility list:

http://git.lttng.org/?p=lttv.git;a=blob_plain;f=doc/developer/lttng-lttv-compatibility.html;hb=HEAD

a few fixes came into LTTng around versions 0.166 and 0.170 to deal with
trace teardown problems. I would therefore recommend you first try
upgrading your lttng version.

Thanks for the detailed report,

Mathieu