[ltt-dev] [RELEASE] LTTng-UST 0.14
mathieu.desnoyers at efficios.com
Sun Jun 12 12:36:25 EDT 2011
LTTng-UST, the Linux Trace Toolkit Next Generation Userspace Tracer, is
port of the low-overhead tracing capabilities of the LTTng kernel
tracer to user-space. The library "libust" enables tracing of
applications and libraries.
2011-06-12 ust 0.14
* Rename trace_mark() API to ust_marker(). Old macros kept for
* Tracepoint API is now private to UST.
* Introduction of the TRACEPOINT_EVENT API (work in progress).
Please use ust_marker() API while we complete TRACEPOINT_EVENT.
* Privatize many headers which should have always been internal
to UST. At the moment, only marker.h should be included by
applications. When the TRACEPOINT_EVENT API will be completed,
then other headers will be useful for the application
(tracepoint_event.h, tracepoint.h and, indirectly, probe.h).
* Markers: merge fixes from LTTng 0.249 into marker.[ch].
* Add ust/version.h header file, which exports the UST version
* Move to liburcu 0.6. Update dependencies.
Project website: http://lttng.org/ust/
Download link: http://lttng.org/files/ust/releases/
(please refer to the UST Manual for installation instructions)
Operating System Efficiency R&D Consultant
More information about the lttng-dev