[ltt-dev] [UST] open_buffers_list in tracectl.c

Nils Carlson nils.carlson at ericsson.com
Tue Feb 22 03:09:28 EST 2011

Yannick Brosseau wrote:
> Question for UST experts (Nils?)
Not an expert, at least in this part of the code... :-) The plan is after
all to replace the buffer handling with mathieus generic buffer library
so I haven't put too much work into it.

> While trying to fix the fork case, I've found problems with the the
> open_buffers_list. I've fixed the segfault by moving the
> ltt_trace_destroy later in ust_fork, but now I get some warnings about
> already closed file descriptor.
> It seems that we try to close the fd twice.
> Now I'm wondering if we really need to close the fd referenced by the
> open buffers list in ust_fork()? All these FD are closed when we destroy
> the channels in the call to ltt_trace_destroy, so it seems redundant to
> me.
>
> Am I missing something?
No, this is actually on my "to fix list". The trace name however isn't
guaranteed to be "auto" anymore so we should actually loop over the
existing traces and destroy each of them properly. We have a number
of these "auto" assumptions scattered through tracectrl.c and all of
them should be fixed.

/Nils